Cheryl Marsh* has been with the firm for over 23 years. Now serving as Managing Partner, her reputation for personal integrity and legal skill has become a cornerstone of Marsh & Tobey’s practice.
Mrs. Marsh, a former K-12 teacher, is particularly well-known for her years of dedicated work in family law, including divorce and custody disputes. Also a former school and hospital administrator, her practice includes a focus on business law and development; in addition to advising large and small businesses in legal matters, she teaches courses in business and real estate law. Succession planning for family, farms, and businesses has been a large part of Mrs. Marsh’s estate planning, probate, and real estate work. Mrs. Marsh’s appeals work before the Court of Appeals for Nebraska and the Nebraska Supreme Court has led to several recorded court opinions.
* Mrs. Marsh also has practiced law under her former names: Cheryl Munson, Cheryl Guggenmos and Cheryl Pollard.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
- Southern Illinois University, M.S., Education
- Concordia College, B.S., Education with high distinction
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
Professional Affiliations and Credits
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Women and the Law Section: Current Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, Former Chair, Former Vice Chair
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Section Member: Agricultural Law, Business Law, Elder Law, Family Law, General Practice, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law, Women and the Law
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Custer County Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow (2003)
- Outstanding Young Nebraskan Award (1993)
- Mid-Plains Community College: Real Estate Law Instructor; Business Law Instructor
- Southeast Community College, Business Law Instructor
- University of Nebraska EDGE Program, Instructor
- Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition
- Broken Bow Chamber of Commerce
- Custer County Historical Society
- Broken Bow Airport Authority, former Board Member (2005-2008)
- Girl Scouts Goldenrod Council, Inc., former Board Member (2004-2008)
- Nebraska High School Mock Trial Competitions, Judge for District and State Finals (1998-2008)
- National High School Mock Trial Championship, Judge (2001)
- Custer County Foundation, Inc., former President (1997-1998)
- Domestic Abuse Crisis Center, former President (1992-1998)